I have lost myself. Not on purposeâ€¦ but slowly for the last 5 months I have let go of all the things I love and set a few very bad habits. Â One of those things being this blog. Most evenings I was findingÂ myself exhausted on the sofa watching a stupid show, with my computer open... Â My excuse - being that…
After nearly aÂ 5 month search, we bought a loft/condo (i have no idea what to call it). Â We didn't tell many people, but Greg and I started looking for a place to buy in Atlanta a month or 2 beforeÂ Thanksgiving. Â Yes, normally one would get engaged or married before purchasing a home together... butÂ the timing was right and everything fell…
Want: Resource Furniture, Swing Murphy Bed - a new modern take on the murphy bed. This would be great to make our second bedroom more of an office space. Love: Design Love Fest, Dress Your Tech Downloads - I have been updating my desktop with these beautiful desktop backgrounds for the last year. Love them! Do: DAYBREAKER has come to Atlanta - and is…
A new season, another new yoga playlist. Â I am a bit behind in sharing this winter playlist - but better a little late than never. Â You can listen to Â 2014 Winter Yoga TunesÂ for free on Spotify. Â Check out my past playlistsÂ here. Do you have a favorite song or playlist to practice yoga to?
This has been a very full year. From completing yoga teacher training, traveling to Ireland and Barcelona, to starting an MBA, and starting a new job, it's fair to say 2014 has been one of the most excitingÂ twelve months of my life. Â Thank you for all your love, encouragement, and support. See you in 2015! My 2015 New Year's Resolutions…
- A massage or pedicure to help them unwind and relax.
- Bobbi Brown, Pretty Pink Ribbon Lip Gloss CollectionÂ - I received a similar gift several years back and I put one of the mini lip glosses in my bag, in the car, at the office etc. and used them for years.
- Another Feather, assorted stack of rings. Â My favorites are the dart ring and curve ring, in gold.
- Scenario Home,Â Brandi Fox Fur Throw - CopperÂ - an awesome throw to add texture to your sofa and to snuggle up inÂ on cold nights
- Rifle Paper Co, Rosa NotebooksÂ - adorable notebooks to start 2015 off with a bang. Â Rifle Paper Co also has adorable calendars, stationary and more great gifts.
- Fitbit, Charge- SlateÂ -Â the perfectÂ gift for runners and walkers.
one. Bobbi Brown, Hydrating Face Cream - SPF 25Â - In the last year I noticed how important a base layer of lotion is before applying foundation. Â I switch between several different brands, but I really love this Bobbi Brown face cream. Â Whatever you go with make sure there is spf in it! two. Laura Mercier, Secret CamouflageÂ - my hidden undereye…
Greg and IÂ have decided to invest in a home. We recently totaled up the money the two of us have spent on rent over the last few years and realized it was an investment we should make. I don't think we are quite ready for all the work that comes along with a house so for now we are in the market forÂ a condo or town home. This is a completely new experience for us and we have already run intoÂ several set regulations and processes. Â In case you are thinking about doing the same I wanted to share a few of tips we have picked up so far.
- Credit Score: This is the reason why you spend years keeping your credit score pristine. Â It's never to soon to start working onÂ improving your credit score. Â I am fortunate enough to have an amazing father that made sure I was building good credit score by age 18 - thank you dad, you are amazing.
- Start Early: GetÂ your ducks in a row early - Don't wait until your lease is up in 2 months. Â You will feel rushed and stressed. Â And it's not something you want to rush. Â Our lease is not up till June so we have given ourselves 8 months.
- Lender First: Before you even begin looking at houses - meet with a lender or two. Â Don't risk finding a place you love without your financials in order. Â Write down a list of questions before you meet - and make sure it is someone you can trust.
- Wants List: Sit down and make a list of the "must haves" and "would be nice to haves" for your new place. Â If you are purchasing with another person make sure they do the same and talk through your listÂ in detail. Â Communication is key.
- Identify Areas: Scope out areas and neighborhoods - see what kind of place you can afford in each neighborhood. Â Does that make one more appealing than another? Â What type of development is happening in the neighborhood in the next few years?
- Meet Relators:Â Similar to a lender, you want to trust this person. Â Look online for ratings and review andÂ ask for referrals from family and friends. Â Find a relator that specializes in the area you are looking at and who is experienced. Â And make sure you like them - you will be spending a lot of time with them.
- Scope Out: View a few homes and reevaluate your list of wants. Â Has anything changed? Â After Greg and I looked at a handful of places we realized that a few of the items on our list changed. Â Has your price changed?
- Communication: Communicate with your relator - if you change your mind about anything make sure to tell your relator. Â If you keep your opinions hidden they will not be able to narrow in on your dream home.
- Control Emotions: Don't get overly excited (I am guilty of this one). Â If you are searching in a competitive market it is easy to let your emotions grab hold of you. Â Don't let this happen or you are just setting yourself up for disappointment and a lot of unneeded stress.
- Have fun: Have a positive outlook and enjoy the process. Â It's a big purchase!