A couple weeks late… but here is the amazing pizza Greg and I made the other week… and then made again on the weekend. Â I love pizza. Â And Greg loves pizza. Â We tried to be “Friday is pizza day” people, but we are way to inconsistent for such a commitment. Â So for now we are just weekly pizza people (ergh sometimes bi-weekly).
This pizza is the bomb. Â Last night Greg asked if we could make it everyday.
- CRUST (Makes 2 crusts)
- 1 teaspoon Active Dry Or Instant Yeast
- 1 1/2 cups warm (not lukewarm) water
- 4 cups All-purpose Flour
- 1 teaspoon Kosher Salt
- 1/3 cup Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- SAUCE INGREDIENTS
- 6 ounce can tomato paste
- 6 ounces water
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 2-3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 to 1 teaspoon salt, to taste
- 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper, to taste
- 3/4 tablespoon dried oregano
- 3/4 tablespoon dried basil
- 3/4 teaspoon dried rosemary
- PIZZA INGREDIENTS
- 1 1/2 cups mozzarella
- 1/4 cup parmesan
- Other desired toppings (we love thin sliced pepperoni and mushrooms)
- Sprinkle yeast over 1 1/2 cups warm (not lukewarm) water and let it stand for a few minutes. Combine flour and salt in a mixer on low speed. Drizzle in olive oil until combined and then pour the yeast/water mixture in until the dough is nice and sticky. Coat dough in olive oil and place in a separate bowl. Cover the bowl tightly with plastic wrap and set aside for 1 to 2 hours. Or make it a night or 2 before and put it in the fridge like I did.
- * I normally make one pizza and freeze the remanding sauce and dough for the next pizza night.
- SAUCE DIRECTIONS
- In a small bowl, stir the tomato paste, water and olive oil. Add the spices. Mix together- the oil will sit on top of the sauce, but after it sits for a few hours it will stir together nicely.
- ASSEMBLY DIRECTIONS
- Preheat oven to 475 degrees. Roll out half the dough on a floured surface to your desired size. Place on pizza pan, spread half of sauce on top and sprinkle with your favorite cheeses and pizza toppings. Optional: spread melted butter over the crust before putting it in the oven. Bake in the oven for 15 to 18 minutes, or until crust is golden brown. Sprinkle with parmesan cheese, basil, goat cheese and place back in the oven for a couple minutes until melted.
I love pizza dough – I sometimes save part of the dough to make indian bread and dip it in honey- just flatten out some dough on a pan until lightly brown and flip.
After a few hours the oil and tomato paste will stir together nicely.
Lots of garlic
This is a pretty well seasoned sauce.
The mess behind the magic
The dough doesn’t need to be perfect- this is a homemade pizza
Spread out the sauce to your desired thickness
And the fun begins
Add your toppings of choice- ours is thin sliced pepperoni, mushrooms and lots of mozzarella and parmesan.
Enjoy the tasty goodness
I like mine with a touch or red pepper flakes
And the 2nd half of the dough… pizza round 2