Came home tonight to one of my favorite dinner surprises- Greg makingÂ The Pioneer Woman’s Flank Steak Stir-fry. Â This is one of our go-to recipes, so delicious we make it every couple months and use whatever vegetables we have on hand. Â The ingredients are easy to throw together and it fills my addiction to fresh ginger.
- 1-1/2 pound Flank Steak, Trimmed Of Fat And Sliced Thin Against The Grain
- 1/2 cup Low Sodium Soy Sauce
- 3 Tablespoons Sherry
- 2 Tablespoons Brown Sugar
- 2 Tablespoons Cornstarch
- 1 Tablespoon Minced Fresh Ginger
- 8 ounces, snow peas or broccoli
- 4 carrots cut in slivers
- 1 pkg of mushrooms (sliced in half)
- 2 Tablespoons Olive Oil
- Pad Thai noodles (or rice will work)
- In a bowl, mix together soy sauce, sherry, brown sugar, cornstarch, and ginger. Pour half the liquid over the sliced meat in a bowl and toss with hands. Reserve the other half of the liquid.
- Heat oil in a wok over high heat. Add vegetables and saute for a few minutes (if frozen- will need more time). Remove to a separate plate. Set aside.
- Allow pan to get very hot again and add half the meat mixture, leaving most of the marinade still in the bowl. Spread out meat as you add it to pan, but do not stir for a good minute. Turn meat to the other side and cook for another 30 seconds. Remove to a clean plate.
- Repeat with other half of meat, allowing pan to get very hot again first. After turning it, add the first plateful of meat, the rest of the marinade, and the vegetables. Stir over high heat for 30 seconds, then turn off heat.
- Serve immediately over noodles or rice.
For step by step instructions check out The Pioneer Womans Blog.