Lately I have been asked about how I care for Felix, my Ragdoll Kitty Cat. Â I don’t consider myself much an expert because he is my first cat, but since people are curious I thought I would share our day to day and favorite products.
I’d love to hear about your favorite products!
- Hair Brush: Felix has soft long hair, it does not require brushing because his hair doesn’t not tangle, but we do brush his hair to keep the shedding to a minimum. Â I have found that the FURminator Long Hair deShedding ToolÂ for large cats does this best and he loves it.
- Litter Box: When it comes to the litter box he enjoys kicking the litter up so we use a box with a lid. Â I purchased theÂ Omega Paw Self-Cleaning Litter BoxÂ in TaupeÂ thinking it would be easier to clean than your normal scoop litter box. Â However, after about a month I started treating Â it as a normal box and scooped instead of turning it on the side. Â Just keeps things cleaner- and I actually think it is easier. Â I try to scoop everyday or at least every other day. Â And every month or 2 I will dump the litter and clean things out with vinegar and a rag. Â I hide his litter box under a shelf and behind a curtain, but I am trying to convince greg to make something similar to thisÂ hidden litter box from hauspantherÂ .
- Litter: We useÂ Tidy Cat Immediate Odor ControlÂ that clumps for multiple cats-Â still only have one cat, but thats what his previous owner used so I just kept buying it. Â Plus it hides the smell extremely well.
- Broom: With a cat, dog or any furry animal you need this broom. My favorite is theÂ Bissell Arrgh Pet Hair Broom,Â it is design for hair and takes care of the job.
- Scratching Post: Felix has all his claws so I decided to invest in a sturdy scratching post and I am very glad I did. Â He loves his SmartCat Ultimate Scratching PostÂ and uses is multiple times a day. I trained him to use the scratch post by scratching his front paws on it and then I rubbing cat nip on it (to attract him). Â When i noticed him using it I would give him some treats.
- Claw Clipper: Luckily Felix is relatively easy when it comes to getting his nails clipped. Â He does vocalize that he isn’t having fun but he gets through it without too much fuss. We just use a generic cat nail clipper, you can get the Ultimate Touch Cat Claw Clipper for around $5.00 on Amazon.
- Toys:Â Â Felix loves playing fetch so all his toys are throwable. Â I’d have to say his favorite toy is a crumpled up piece of paper. Â He also enjoy chasing aroundÂ Furry Rattle MiceÂ and other toys that glide on the wood floors.
- Food: Im not as good of a mama as I should be when it comes to food, I had been trying out a few different types- which I know isn’t great to do, but I did. Â We now use Natural Balance Dry Cat Food, Ultra Premium FormulaÂ and I’m going to try to stick with it.
- Treats: His favorite treats areÂ Friskies Original Crunch Party Mix Cat Treats. Â I really only feed him treats after clipping his nails and when I was training him to use the scratch post and litter box.
We do not have a bed for felix, but he has claimed greg’s suitcase as his favorite sleeping spot. Â Along with computers, iPads and channel clickers; what can i say- he has expensive taste in beds.