Every year at work my job seems to go through a change that forces me to step back and reanalyze my goals and projects. Â This disruption helps me get out of my day to day and look at the larger picture- often times putting myself in my stakeholders shoes.
I realized I need to do the same with Vanilla & Velvet so to get out of my “norm” I read my first blogger book,Â How to Blog for Profit (Without Selling Your Soul). Â As I look back at my time blogging I can’t believe this was the first blogger book I have read- I was consumed with the idea of my blog not having a chance to be successful until I had a library of content to work with. Â No excuse now- Â 3 years of content is here!
I wanted to share my plans for Vanilla and Velvet with you, my readers, and I’d love to know if there is anything more Â or less that you would like to see.
- Launch a Vanilla & Velvet Facebook Page (launched) “Like” the page if you want to receive updates via Facebook!
- Add a Series tab including “Want, Love, Do, Wear, Read” and other new series
- Add a new monthly series called “Favorite Links”, bring to you my favorite online finds each month
- Add a page called ” Atlanta”, list of my favorite studios, restaurants and more in Atlanta
- Get over the fear of myself and post pictures of my day to day fashion
- Amp up my I <3 Blogs page- add images and discuss what makes them each a favorite
- Work on subscription based emails and opt-ins
- Create a prettier Recipe Index, with pictures and easy navigation
- Use a blog calendar- and plan posts ahead of time
- Set aside time to brainstorm blog ideas twice a month
- Increase amount of blog posts to 2ish per week