Post move I have been attempting to bump up my health game. Â The excessive amount ofÂ eatingÂ out pre-move due to an empty fridge was not good to the body. Â Plus the additional eating out from meeting up with friends to say good bye- like I said not good. Â So any meal I can pack with veggies is fair game + my lovely new juicer (still have not attempted a juice fast, but ill get there… some day). Â So whats the best thing in the world to pack with veggies? Â Stir fry- duh (or pizza, but trying to be healthy here)
In my many attempts to makeÂ stir fryÂ this was by far my most successful round. Â This time I decided if I was going to keep making stir fry I needed to do it right and purchase fish sauce. Â I avoided the stinky fish sauce for several years, but trust me use it. Â It makes a HUGE difference.
- 1 tbs fish sauce
- 1.5 tbs lemon juice
- 1 tbs sugar
- 2 tbs sweet and spicy sauce
- 1 tbs soy
- 1.5 tbs crunchy peanut butter
- Rice noodles
- 7 ounces extra-firm tofu, cut into 1/2-inch-thick slices, then halved
- 3 garlic cloves
- 1 tbs oil
- 1 eggplant cut into 1/2 in cubes
- 1/2 cup carrots
- 1 cup broccoli
- Dry tofu between paper towels 20 minutes. Heat wok or large skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add 1/2 tbs olive oil. Cook the tofu until golden- transfer to plate.
- Add remaining 1/2 tbs olive oil to wok and garlic- brown.
- Add eggplant, carrots and broccoli until golden.
- Add 1 1/2 tablespoons lime juice; cover and cook 2 minutes or until tender. Transfer to plate; cover.
- Cook rice or noodles of your choice according to the directions.
- To make the sauce, in a small bowl mix fish sauce, lemon juice, sugar, sweet and spicy sauce, soy, crunchy peanut butter.
- In wok over medium heat saute vegetables and sauce. Stir in noodles at the last minute and serve
You could use any type of protein- i used tofu was because the hunny was out of town and thats the only time i can use it.
Use whatever vegetables you have on hand or like most- wish i would have added mushrooms and bamboo shoots!
Saute those veggies! Yum!
Oh Im in love with this sauce!
Add in the sauce
Top off with noodles. Â Go ahead add a little siracha!