What’s that you say? Â Popsicles made out of black beans? Â Wait! Hold all judgements. If I didn’t just tell you black beans were in these delicious fudgy pops than you would have no idea! Â These healthy little pops are magnificent and the coconut flakes + black bean skins make for an amazing texture explosion in your mouth. Â I must warn you there is one thing you need to watch out for when enjoying this little treat and that is black bean skin in your teeth post consumption. No really…. have floss on hand and a mirror close by.
- 1 1/2 cups cooked black beans or 1 can (15 oz), rinsed and drained
- 1 can (14 oz) light coconut milk
- 1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 4 tablespoons honey
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoons almond extract
- 1/3 cup coconut flakes
- dash of salt
- Puree all the ingredients in a food processor until smooth.
- There will be some black flecks from the black bean skins.
- Fill your frozen pop molds about seven eighths full of the mixture.
- Freeze overnight before serving. Makes 6 large pops. I highly recommend using Tovolo Groovy Ice Pop Molds
Quick rinse!Place all the ingredients in a food processor and mix away! Â I used hershey cocoa powder this time. Â Once i experiment with some others ill let you know my favorite.Looks just like chocolatey goodness – right?I purchased these fantastic Tovolo Groovy Ice pop mods here. Â Â I also use them for leftover green machine juice. Â They rock- super easy and simple to use too!Coconut and chocolate flakes- oh wait those arn’t chocolate flakes… its black beans!
Favor: “Like” the Vanilla & Velvet Facebook page