I love french fries. I can’t help that their salty goodness and crispy perfection comforts my soul!! I do try to steer clear of the frozen fries and my beloved McDonalds fries so to kick the cravings I often turn to these delicious baked potato wedges. I always have potatoes at the house and they are extremely easy to make so I find myself making them a couple times a month. Note: The crispier the better!
- 4-6 red potatoes (or any potatoes you have around), unpeeled
- 2 truffle oil (or a nice olive oil)
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons sliced chives
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh garlic
- 1 teaspoon fresh minced rosemary
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
- Scrub potatoes clean, cut them in half lengthwise and then into long wedges.
- Cover a baking sheet with aluminum foil and spray with non-stick.
- Place the potatoes in a plastic bag and add oil, salt, pepper, chives, garlic, and rosemary. Seal the plastic bag and shake until the potatoes are coated with oil and goodies.
- Take the potatoes our of the bag and spread out on the aluminum foil in a single layer with 1 cut-side down.
- Bake the potatoes for 30 to 35 minutes, turning to the other cut side after 20 minutes. Bake until they are lightly browned and crispy. Sprinkle with salt and serve.
Add everything to the bag- i often experiment with different flavors.
Once you add all the ingredients into the bag give it a good shake!
Enjoy with a side of ketchup, hot sauce or your favorite condiment.
Tell me what you think in the comments section and make sure to check out my Recipe Index!