Stuffed mushrooms are one of my favorite appetizers, and last weeks holiday party presented the perfect time to try a new recipe. Â Jarlsberg is one of the main ingredients so I automatically loved them and gaging by how quickly they were eaten Â Iâ€™d say the recipe was a success.
JarlsbergÂ Stuffed Mushrooms
- 3/4 cup Italian-style dried bread crumbs
- 1 cup grated jarlesberg cheese
- 2-3 garlic cloves, peeled and minced
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh Italian parsley leaves
- Salt and Freshly ground black pepper
- 1/3 cup extra light olive oil
- 2 -14oz containers of gourmet stuffing mushrooms
Preheat the oven to 400 degrees andÂ drizzleÂ about 1 tablespoon of oliveÂ oil on a Â pan covered with aluminum foil.
MIx together the breadcrumbs, 3/4 cup of the Jarlesberg garlic, parsley, salt and pepper, and add 3-4 tablespoons of olive oil to the mixture and stir. Spoon filling evenly in each mushroom
and top with the remaining 1/4 cup Jarlsberg. Drizzle with remaining Olive oil and bake until golden, about 25 minutes.
Mix together Jarlsberg, garlic, olive oil, fresh parsley, salt and pepper. Â I added a few chives for color.
Wash mushrooms and pop stems off.
Stuff mushrooms with mixture then sprinkle withÂ oliveÂ oil and extra jarlsberg.
Bake at 400 degrees for 20 minutes or until golden brown.