Hello, Lindsay here.
It’s a pretty well-known fact that I am obsessed with cilantro. This salad combines my favorite herb with both sweet and savory ingredients and makes an awesome, light, summery meal. With just a little bit of chopping, this salad comes together in no time and makes a great lunch to bring to the office!
Chicken, Mango, Avocado and Rice Salad
Adapted from Food & Wine
Makes 4 servings
- 1 Â½ cups cooked brown rice
- 1 â…“ lbs. cooked chicken breast, cut into 1/2-inch dice
- Â½ cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1Â teaspoons salt
- Â½ teaspoon fresh-ground black pepper
- Â¾ cup chopped red onion
- 1 mango, peeled and cut into 1/2-inch dice
- 1 avocado, peeled and cut into 1/2-inch dice
- 4-5 tablespoons lime juice (from about 3 limes)
- Â¾ cup chopped cilantro
Toss the rice with the chicken, onion, mango, avocado, the olive oil, salt and black pepper, the lime juice, and cilantro.
Tip: Toss the chopped avocado with some of the lime juice before tossing all ingredients together to ensure it doesn’t brown!